Hydraulic press workhead maintenance- Keeping it running safely and efficient
- It is extremely important that new, clean, light hydraulic oil be used in your press such as Mobil DTE 24 or an equivalent.
- It is strongly recommended that the new oil be filtered to remove any possible dirt. Never over fill the oil. Always refer to the owner’s manual for oil type and capacities.
- Always bleed the system if air is present or piston is jerky.
- Heavy oil leaks can cause unsafe working conditions. Check for leaks around any seals, packings, fittings and plugs. If oil leaks have been found, Dake has replacement parts to solve the problem and technical support to walk you through any replacement.
- For air operated presses, make sure the incoming air is DRY and clean. Corrosion and cylinder pitting can occur from moist air.
- Never over stroke the press or you may create an oil leak by damaging the inner packings.
- ALWAYS lock the workhead down before operating. Better to be safe than sorry.
The table and Frame- The skeleton of the press
- ALWAYS use all table pins supplied with the press and use only the pins supplied.
If the table pins become bent, broke, or lost, Dake has replacement pins designed for your model hydraulic press so you can continue to safely operate it.
- Check all pin holes to make sure they are not damaged or elongated.
- Be sure all table pins are fully inserted in place before applying pressure. Always remove or release pressure on the cable before pressure is applied. Check this cable for wear and fraying.
- A nose piece must be used or damage can occur to the piston. Regularly check the piston for damage.
- Check that all fasteners are tight and not missing.
- If you find any cracking, bending, twisting, fatiguing, or elongation of holes of the frame or table, lock the machine out and contact Dake for assistance in repairing.
- Keep all warning labels visible and in good shape. If needed contact Dake for replacements.
Overall, your hydraulic press requires very little maintenance. By taking the time to follow the tips listed above, your press will run safely and give you many years of trouble-free operation.